Monday, August 20, 2012

Green Fingers

After a rigorous week of a. learning to prune roses, and b. pruning about sixty (felt like, million) roses, on Friday I took some photos of our lovely garden for you. Maybe I will get into this gardening lark, it is actually very therapeutic, as they do say.

'Winter roses' in bloom.



















Spring is in the air:)




Strawberry fields forever.




The tools of the trade.







Our secret garden - shhh, don't tell anyone:)




And a place to sit and enjoy that very well earned Sauvignon Blanc at the end of the day, ahhhh.




And finally, after a special request from Mr Pete Hendry, may I introduce our rooster and his three chicken harem. I was a little concerned about having a rooster as I was worried about getting little baby chickens, but a friend of mine gave me some advice. 'Just keep them busy' (?) she said. So I am getting them a flat screen telly and mysky for their coup. That should do it.




Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment