Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's All about Me

In NZ there is a bit of a craze at the mo, I don't know if it has reached England yet, but I suspect that, like everything here, it was probably all the rage 18 months ago (Coronation Street is having it's 'celebratory' 50th year 'Armageddon, everyone gets killed, well hopefully Norris Cole does anyway' episodes THIS weekend!) but here, the latest thing is to tell the whole world, and certainly everyone who has the pleasure to be travelling behind you on the road at that moment, who is in your family (like, 'thank heavens you told me, I was wondering! I can sleep to tonight now that I know, thankyou!')

Carefully unpeeled and placed in position on the back windscreen under the logo 'My Family', you can chose from an assortment of characters, mums, dads, grandpas, grandmas, girls, boys, babies, dogs, cats, horses and goldfish (500 pics available, $5 each from participating retailers, buy 5 get one free - hey, you deserve it for having that many children) who you share your car and your life with, portrayed in humourous stick figure cartoon illustrative form.

Of course, in response to this we have seen the 'My Zombie Family' stickers and the (slightly angry I thought) anti, 'I don't give a bleep who is in your bleeping family' sticker.

But I have something different. I really don't want to try to interpret too closely what it all means, but recently Alex and Benny and Naomi gave me a little gift.

It's me! I knew you would recognise me! Tell me, it was the shopping bags wasn't it?





So, bless them, I do love 'My Family' so very much, but ultimately they do know, it's all about me:)





Love
Est xxx

P.S. And yes, it is on the side windscreen. Wouldn't want to be like everybody else now would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment