Friday, August 26, 2011

A bit of culture



We have had a lovely week in Norwich. Went to the dinosaur park on Sunday with Auntie Marie (Alex's sis) and Uncle Billy which the kids loved. Basically it is a forest with a heap of large plastic (- yes, they aren't even real) dinosaurs and an adventure playground and they charge you a whopping £15 per person to get in!!!! We have flown kites, ridden bikes, swung on swings, splashed in pools (well, you have heard about that) been out for lots of lunches and even had a night out - Marie and I went to the movies to watch the eagerly anticipated 'One Day'. Review: romantic comedy for the thinking woman (that would be me). Anne Hathaway is beautiful to watch and Jim Sturgess isn't bad either:)

Went to Norwich castle yesterday with some friends and had a great time. It is such an amazing castle built in 1090ish. Incredible, it never ceases to astound me. It is in the centre of Norwich and it sits up high on a huge man-made mound which I was told yesterday took 12 years to prepare before they even started building - wow, people must have had much longer attention spans back then.

Here is a photo of us in the castle, with our little friend Emily.

Going to Hull tomorrow to see my family for 3 weeks. Aiming to leave about 10am. It is a three and a half hour drive so with my track record I told my mum to expect me by tea time;)

Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment