Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Charming Ashburton Cottage

On Sunday we arrived in Ashburton for our two week 'holiday' (see, we are still on tour!) in our next holiday house. Set in the grounds of an exquisite garden which is open to the public by appointment, it was originally the gardeners cottage for 'Coniston', the homestead on the property. It is beautiful, restful, quaint and utterly charming. We have to stoke the fires and use hot water bottles to keep warm, and there isn't a dishwasher or a DVD player, never mind wifi - I feel like I am living in some kind of delightful Victorian House reality television show.

I know you want to see, so I have taken lots of photos - this house is just so photogenic.














Benny is chief fire builder, there's one in the kitchen too.




Doggy and Anthony are happy languishing in bed all day. Wish I could do that.




Original carpet sweeper, for the original carpet!




Anyone for tea?




Looking forward to a soak in here.




And, fortunately, I don't think I would be interrupted by the phone.




Just in case Alex changes his mind about the beard.




This house is fantastic. It is equipped with everything you might need, the owners have thought of everything.




And, the view from the window.




What more could we ask for? Well, only that it might be a little closer to Christchurch. Alex and the children set off at 7am this morning to get to school for 8.30am and this afternoon I have a three hour round trip to pick them up again. Oh well, it's only for two weeks.

Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment