Monday, December 19, 2011

There's no place like Rome

Here is our Roman abode, our authentic Italiano retreat, complete with local downstairs trattoria, and walkable to everything, including beautiful wine boutiques and local bakeries and of course the ever important florist - I think our Italian cousins must give a lot more flowers than we do, maybe it's because of their passionate spirit, they are forever 'saying it with flowers' apologising for their spontaneous firey outbursts....(?)

Loved opening and closing the shutters every morning and night, it made me feel like I was really part of the city. Rome reminded me of New York, of course, I have never actually been the Big Apple but it felt like I imagine New York would feel - noisy, busy and happening, a city that never sleeps, or rarely dozes anyway;)










Love
Est xxx

PS. Spot the super slick Vespa owned by one of our fabulous fashionable neighbours - I did actually see a guy down our street taking his Christmas tree home between his legs on his vespa, so gutted I didn't get a photo of that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment