Thursday, January 19, 2012

Football is life, the rest is just a game

Today the Skinner family visited a veritable mecca to football fans everywhere, Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona, home of FC Barcelona, winners of Champions leagues and UEFA leagues and titles and shields and premierships and probably the best football team in the whole world!

I really have no idea, but they certainly had a lot in their trophy cabinet.



Firstly, sorry to my brother who will be very jealous of me, and to any other friends of football who may be reading. Today's experience of a lifetime, happening in my lifetime, might have been a bit of an experience, ever so slightly, wasted. Heavens, I didn't even try to understand the offside rule!

I have today seen the gloves that Victor Valdes, best goalkeeper in the world, used to concede the fewest goals in the world, and have seen the actual shirt and boots and football used by Lionel Messi, the greatest goal scorer in the Champions League ever, to score the 5000th goal for FCB. Sorry Ads.

We saw the press room, the changing rooms (not being used, so no fun there) the pitch, and the commentators box, we even saw the chapel used by the teams to pray before their games.

It was a big stadium. We told Naomi that it was the third biggest football stadium in the world, she said 'Wow, they must have to run really far then'!



Alex and the kids enjoyed it. Benny really got into the atmosphere!



A Spanish visitor to the stadium heard us talking and said to me 'English?', I said 'yes', and he said 'Liverpool or Manchester?'. I just smiled and waved.

I listened to the audio guide but it was wasted. I knew there must be some words coming out of it, but all I could hear was 'blah, blah, blah'.



FC Barcelona, it was certainly 'more than a club' (but, I think I might be getting a Red Card;).

Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment