Friday, January 27, 2012

Lost Soles

A couple of years ago, Alex and I watched an excellent film, called 'In Search of a Midnight Kiss', it is a modern quirky 'love' story about two people who meet on New Year's Eve. So much better than the latest cinematic 'triumph' from the formulaic fun factory we call Hollywood, 'New Year's Eve' (don't see it). Although, despite myself, I was mildly interested, I couldn't help but have the feeling that they were just laughing at me the whole way through, and when I say me, obviously I mean the general public, not me specifically, but you know what I mean, they just churn them out and we turn up and pay our hard earned money, and, I don't know, I couldn't help but feel cheated, a definate 5.8 for me.

Anyway the following blog is inspired by In Search of a Midnight Kiss (you should watch it) and The Lost Shoe Project, which featured in the film.

We arrived on Lisbon's beach on Sunday afternoon, and it was beautiful, as you can see.




But all was not as it seemed.

Within a minute, Benny, our super finder extraordinaire, had found an old shoe. Nothing unusual about that you might think.




But then we found another..




And another...




And another...




And then we began to lose count.












It was (as they were), all rather odd!

I don't know, how can you find so many odd shoes on such a small beach in such a short space of time? Was it some kind of bizarre art project? Were they all lost at sea by some swashbuckling wooden legged pirate (with a spanish speaking parrot;)?

I am searching, but I cannot find the answer.

No, still don't know.

Love
Est xxx


" it’s just hard to imagine how someone
wouldn’t notice that they are missing just one shoe..."

www.thelostshoeproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment