Saturday, March 17, 2012

Carry on Glamping

We are back on the road again! We have had four nights in the campervan up to now, and it is going well, apart from the fridge isn't working very well (there is always a drama, there are just too many things in a campervan to go wrong, it would be unrealistic to expect everything to work all the time - at least our wing mirror is still in one piece this time, I never thought before, but does that mean Alex is doomed to have bad luck for the next seven years - do the same rules apply for wing mirrors?) and yesterday I had the domestic challenge of putting out two loads of washing out with six pegs, but apart from that, all good.

We are currently in Batemans Bay. This morning we woke up in a five star camp site with a view of the sea and even music in the 'cleaner than my house' bathrooms. It was Elton John when I got in there and I thought, 'oh my god, save me, did I pay £50.60 (I know!) per camping spot per night for this??' But by the time I had finished it was Pride (In the Name of Love) by U2, and I didn't want to leave! The shower was probably one of the best I have ever had in my life, never mind on a camp site, I considered staying in there for 37 times longer so I wouldn't have to do it again in some of the more grotty campsites we will no doubt encounter our travels, but I don't think it works like that.

The first night was spent in a little place called Sale (no shopping, complete misrepresentation) was a great start, we had our own personal lake!








Then Eden, where we had our own personal beach, complete with foamy bubbles!











Then Merimbula for a night, there was a beautiful boardwalk there, and yet another great beach.








Benny lost his hat, and decided to improvise.











Hello from Merimbula!




And here is where we woke up, in Bateman's Bay, not literally, of course, but it was rather damp, there was a huge storm yesterday and the thunder and lightening was pretty impressive. The kids and I were in the pool, we went when it was kind of starting, we did know to was going to happen really, but just jumped in the pool anyway, there was no-one else there (they were all in their campervans watching the silly people in the pool).

We arrived home like drowned rats, but it was fun. We only got out of the pool because I as worried that the lightening would travel though the water. Couldn't remember if water is a good conductor of electricity or not. Alex said that we would only be at risk if we were holding big metal tv aerials in our hands whilst we were swimming, but I wasn't going to take any chances.

The people next door to us had just arrived half an hour beforehand, it was their first camping (tenting) experience. Two hours later, they had packed up and gone home. I must admit that although I am a tough and hardened camper, I was very glad I had a nice hard waterproof campervan roof over our heads this time, even if it did have a tv aerial on it.




And now we are in North Durras, just 20 mins north of Batemans Bay, in the National Park. Tonight we did a bit of a bushwalk to the river and even had a little fire - Pat, you would have been proud:)

Night night.







Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment