Saturday, October 15, 2011

News from the Bathroom



Yes, dear friends, I am writing to you from the bathroom of the Marriott Heathrow Hotel, London, waiting for my darling children to drop off so I can go back into the room and put the lamp on (I didn't have to wait for my darling husband to drop off, that happened long ago - did I mention that he travelled PREMIUM economy with NO children? I'm not saying lightweight, you can make your own judgement on that one;)

Had our first full day as a family today at Legoland in Windsor, and it was fab!!! Wow, the rides were great, and best of all, as it is a Friday and not the school holidays the queues were minimal so we got to go on loads of them, the up and downy's, the round and roundy's, and the side to sidey's. And it wasn't like those parks where if you are under 8 you don't get to go on anything, we went on everything, and I wasn't even sick!!!

Here is a picci of 'Miniland'. You don't have to go to London at all, you get to see the Gherkin, and the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben and Tower Bridge in one glance! And, get this, the trees and all real, just very small, and they take them out and put smaller ones in every year so they are always to scale, and (get this!) once a year, they clean all of the Lego - in the dishwasher!! Honest! It's true!!

Ben: We will have to come back again after 2012 and stay in the Legoland Hotel.

Naomi: There is a hotel, made of Lego?!?!?

Ben: No, just some of the things in the hotel are made of Lego.

Naomi: Is the bed made of Lego?

Ben: No!!!

Naomi: Good, the beds wouldn't be very comfortable if they were made of Lego...

Too right!

Going to France tomorrow!

Can't believe we are going to France tomorrow!!!

If I don't post a blog tomorrow it's because we are in France and I'm not very fluent in French... (or maybe because we haven't worked out how to get online yet;).

Love
Est xxx

2 comments:

  1. Legoland looks awesome, and the mini London looks cool, no need to deal with the crowds or the tube! Arrived home from the UK today, had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for my birthday card, it was classic! Have a great time in France! Can't believe you are staying on the "necklace street" in Paris, my most favourite street in Paris - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait!! Thanks for the advice and for the great books, they will be helpful when planning the rest of the trip too!!! can't wait for necklace street!!!

    ReplyDelete