Saturday, February 4, 2012

Coming to America

Here are our first evening and next morning photos of Miami Beach. We awoke at 4.10am and Alex decided we should watch the sun come up, I agreed, as I have never seen the sun come up before. Is that bad? I am not a morning person, in fact, it is official, I am a night person. My mum explained it all to me this year. When she was little, there were two Hughes families in her village in Ireland, and Mum's family were always referred to as the 'Midnight Hughes'. Apparently, our family were struck by a curse, which means that we are unable, and perhaps physically incapable, of going to sleep before 12am. Dear me, she does come out with some stories my Mum;). She also told me that because she arrives late to church every week, the priest calls her, 'The Late Jenny Edwards'. I guess that must be a curse too;)













And, yes, I still have never seen the sun rise, this was as much sun as we saw, but it was very fun, being on an quiet peaceful Miami beach in the morning - just beautiful.

Love
Est xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment