Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Oasis of the Seas

We had the pleasure and luxury of spending last week on the Oasis of the Seas, the second largest cruise ship in the world (Royal Caribbean have since built the Allure of the Seas which is two inches longer, gutted;). It was truly spectacular and it was a complete holiday from our holiday. We walked on board onto The Esplanade, a paved street with shops and restaurants along it, and a huge fountain and a car in the middle of it! Crazy, crazy, crazy!

It can hold 6,296 passengers and 2,394 staff. Can you even imagine? I still can't, and we have been on it! Every day I had to ask Alex which way to go when leaving our cabin, I know I am slightly geographically challenged anyway, but sometimes even Alex got lost.

Ok, I will tell you what was on the ship.

27 restaurants
Lots of shops
A large park with trees
Pools and spa pools (loads thereof)
Ice skating rink
Full size gym (Alex and I actually did a boot camp for four of the days, Cath you would have been proud!)
Spa (needed a massage after the boot camp)
Kids club (it was like a school!)
Theatre
Bars
A street
Mini Golf course
Full size Basketball court
Two rock climbing walls
And, get this...

A carousel!!!!









Here's Central Park.











Here's the view from our stateroom.




The view over the Aquatheatre, where we watched light shows and diving acts and the 46th SuperBowl, the New York Giants versus the New England Patriots (we were the New Zealand spectators who didn't understand any of it, but it was fun!).


















And 'The Boardwalk', where Naomi and Benny enjoyed the Carousel, the burger restaurant, the sweet shop and the ice cream parlour!

















This Is the 'Rising Tide' Bar, which is like a big lift, you can imagine our surprise when it was there on the first day and the next day it wasn't - it took me a couple of days to work out where it had gone!




And the view over the Esplanade, where all the parties were held, and where Naomi and Alex got into it!







So much more to tell you, but I have to dash now, family all ready to go out and waiting for me!

Love
Est xxx

4 comments:

  1. Esther your writing is just so 'readable'! And you holiday so enviable! Thanks for sharing it in such a delicious way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nic
      Thank you for your lovely comments, am glad you are enjoying reading it, I am enjoying writing! Something for you to do during those hours and hours of feeding! I am looking forward to seeing Matai in a few months, we have missed a lot of growing I am sure. Love to you all xxx

      Delete
  2. I still love readin your blog, never bored you seem to having an incredible time, I guess the end must be coming soon....:-( I was waiting to see what you thought of the cruise and if it was all so false. Just like what you thinking of Vegas... Pokies everywhere but still so so so many shops etc but even you must be getting tired of shops by now. Off to Wellington next week so will have a catch up with Mel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovey, the cruise was fab, I would like to hook in again for my 40th! Vegas is very cool too, and I haven't even spent $1 gambling! You were right!! I thought of you as soon as we got here! Lve to you and Rog and kiddiewinks

      Delete